Code of Ethics
The Snowmobilers' Code of Ethics
1. I will be a good sportsman and conservationist. I recognize that people will judge all snowmobilers by my actions. I will use my influence with other snowmobile owners and operators to promote sportsman-like conduct.
2. I will not litter trails or areas, nor will I pollute streams or lakes. I will carry out what I carry in.
3. I will not damage living trees, shrubs, or other natural features. I will go out only when there is sufficient snow so that I will not damage the land.
4. I will respect other people's properties and rights.
5. I will lend a helping hand when I see someone in need.
6. I will make myself and my vehicle available to assist search and rescue operations.
7. I will not interfere with the activities of other winter sportsmen. I will respect their rights to enjoy their recreational activity.
8. I will know and obey all federal, state, and local rules regulating the operation of snowmobiles in areas where I use my vehicle.
9. I will not harass wildlife.
10. I will not snowmobile where prohibited.
These are words to LIVE by when operating a snowmobile. Let's all be courteous and remember the code of ethics when we are riding the trails.